[gridengine users] Integration of GPUs into GE2011.11p1

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Oct 25 14:59:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

> Am 25.10.2017 um 16:06 schrieb ANS <ans3456 at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to integrate GPUs into my existing cluster with 2 GPUs per node. I have gone through few sites and done the following
>
> qconf -mc
> gpu                 gpu        INT         <=    YES         YES        0        0
>
> qconf -me gpunode1
> complex_values        gpu=2
>
> But still i am unable to launch the jobs using GPUs. Can anyone help me.

What do you mean by "unable to launch the jobs using GPUs"? How do you submit the jobs? The jobs are stuck or never accepted by SGE?

There is no way to determine which GPU was assigned to which job. Univa GE has an extension for it called "named resources" or so. You could define two queues with each having one slot and the name of the name of the chosen queue determines the GPU to be used after some mangling.

===

Note that GE2011.11p1 was never updated and https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE might be more recent.