[gridengine users] Corrupt user config?

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 17 07:32:15 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 04:52:33PM +0100, Mark Dixon wrote:
> > share-tree only as a tie breaker.  But deleting jobs would be bad.  Is
> > the probably lose any jobs queued something you know from experience? It
> > seems odd that we can have jobs queued and running with the running
> > qmaster knowing nothing of the user but deleting the file would kill
> > them on restart.
>
> No, not from experience. Maybe it'll all be fine, then :)

I've just done an experiment on our dev cluster.  Submit job, stop grid
engine, delete the file representing me, restart grid engine.  The job
survives and I can then recreate the user with qconf -auser which I
couldn't when the user had a file on disk.

This makes sense as the user wouldn't need to exist if enforce_user
was set to false.  I suspect enforce_user is only checked at job submission.

William