[gridengine users] Gridengine: error: commlib error: got select error (connection refused)

Redacted OS User redacted.user at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 14:01:23 UTC 2018

I just installed gridengine & getting error when doing `qstat`:

    error: commlib error: got select error (Connection refused)
    error: unable to send message to qmaster using port 6444 on host
"MyHost-VirtualBox": got send error

`cat /var/spool/gridengine/qmaster/messages` gives:

    main|"MyHost-VirtualBox"|W|local configuration "MyHost-VirtualBox" not
defined - using global configuration
    main|"MyHost-VirtualBox"|E|global configuration not defined
    main|"MyHost-VirtualBox"|C|setup failed

setting `export SGE_ROOT` and running `sudo service
/etc/init.d/gridengine-master start` didn't help. I think the service isn't
running. Should I setup more env variables or a setup file?

Running on Ubuntu. Installed by `sudo apt-get install gridengine-master
gridengine-client` and accepted all defaults.