[gridengine users] Exporting environment variables using -V doesn't work from RHEL7 to RHEL6

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jan 19 10:09:31 UTC 2018

> Am 05.01.2018 um 09:02 schrieb srinivas.chakravathi at wipro.com:
> Hi,
> We have recently upgraded one submit host from RHEL6.7 to RHEL7.2.
> Most of our grid execution servers are RHEL6.7, with a few RHEL6.3 servers. When we run any jobs by using “-V” option to export environment variables, it does not work and the job fails.

In case it's still relevant: can you put an:

echo $PATH

in the job script. Usually the coreutils applications's programs are at a default location and should be found. I wonder whether these location changed between different RHEL releases. Otherwise it could really happen that -V does work, but distribute wrong paths (similar to submitting to a Linux node from an AIX machine with a different directory layout). What is your setting of:

in the queue definition.

-- Reuti