[gridengine users] Exporting environment variables using -V doesn't work from RHEL7 to RHEL6

srinivas.chakravathi at wipro.com srinivas.chakravathi at wipro.com
Fri Jan 5 08:02:18 UTC 2018

Hi,

We have recently upgraded one submit host from RHEL6.7 to RHEL7.2.
Most of our grid execution servers are RHEL6.7, with a few RHEL6.3 servers. When we run any jobs by using "-V" option to export environment variables, it does not work and the job fails.

As an example examine a simple job:

<code>
#!/bin/bash

date
echo "Sleeping now"
sleep $1

</code>

When we run this job without exporting environment variables, it works fine. But exporting environment variables causes errors as shown below:

<BASE_PATH>/job_scripts/2666843: line 3: date: command not found
<BASE_PATH>/job_scripts/2666843: line 5: sleep: command not found

Of course, this issue is persistent in interactive jobs also, which causes applications not working properly.

Is there any way to circumvent this issue?

Thanks and regards,
Srinivas.