[gridengine users] Temporarily stop new job submissions?

Peter Walker petwa at pml.ac.uk
Tue Jan 23 15:59:02 UTC 2018

On 23/01/18 15:39, Chester Langin wrote:
> Is there a way to temporarily reject new job submissions?  We are going to be doing scheduled maintenance on the cluster internal network and we want to prevent new jobs from being accepted starting a couple of days prior to this scheduled maintenance.  After the maintenance, we want to return the scheduler to accept new jobs, again, as before.  Is there a quick and easy way to do this?
We normally just disable the queues, qmod -d '*@node' for each node. This doesn't reject new jobs but queues them up to run once you enable the node with qmod -e.

Please visit our new website at www.pml.ac.uk and follow us on Twitter @PlymouthMarine

Winner of the Environment & Conservation category, the Charity Awards 2014.

Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML) is a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales, company number 4178503. Registered Charity No. 1091222. Registered Office: Prospect Place, The Hoe, Plymouth  PL1 3DH, UK.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain viruses; PML accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.