[gridengine users] Start jobs on exec host in sequential order

Derrick Lin klin938 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 04:01:45 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I am working on a prolog script which setup xfs quota on disk space per job
basis.

For setting up xfs quota in sub directory, I need to provide project ID.

Here is how I did for generating project ID:

XFS_PROJID_CF="/tmp/xfs_projid_counter"

echo $JOB_ID >> $XFS_PROJID_CF
xfs_projid=$(wc -l < $XFS_PROJID_CF)

My test shows, when there are multiple jobs start on the same exec host at
the same time, the prolog script is executed almost the same time, results
multiple jobs share the same xfs_projid, which is no good.

I am wondering if I can configure the scheduler to start the jobs in a
sequential way (probably has a interval in between).

Cheers,
Derrick