[gridengine users] Scheduling maintenance and using advance reservation

Ilya M 4ilya.m+grid at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 23:32:42 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am trying to schedule maintenance for part of the cluster - only on the
GPU-equipped nodes.
So I tried to use AR, but failed to submit one. Initially I thought I was
requesting more slots that there were currently available on the cluster,
so I started reducing the number. When I got down to 1 slot and still could
not get a reservation, I added the verification flag and got a peculiar
output:

$ qrsub -a 201806121800 -d 2:0:0 -l h_rt=2:0:0 -l gpu.c -q gpu_short.q -w v
Your job (no project) does not have the correct project to run in cluster
queue "medium.q"
Your job (no project) does not have the correct project to run in cluster
queue "short.q"
Your job (no project) does not have the correct project to run in cluster
queue "gpu_medium.q"
Your job (no project) does not have the correct project to run in cluster
queue "long.q"
Your job (no project) does not have the correct project to run in cluster
queue "gpu_short.q"
Your job (no project) does not have the correct project to run in cluster
queue "gpu_long.q"

There are 3 projects defined that are explicitly added to each queue. I
have a default project that is one of those three. There is no way to
explicitly specify project qith qrsub, however the implicit setup seems to
be also ignored.

Is there a way to submit AR when there are projects attached to queues? I
am using SGE 6.2u5.

Thank you.
Ilya.