[gridengine users] Son of GridEngine succession?

Daniel Povey dpovey at gmail.com
Fri May 11 22:49:57 UTC 2018

Everyone,

I want to start a discussion about how to replace Son of GridEngine.
As far as I can tell, Dave Love has had no online activity for a year,
is not responding to emails, and my attempts to contact him indirectly
via his workplace have come to nothing.  Even if he is still alive, I
think it's clear that he's either unwilling or unable to continue to
maintain the Son of GridEngine project.

I am thinking we could create a repository on GitHub to replace the
Liverpool-hosted Son of GridEngine project?  Maybe call it Grandson of
GridEngine?  What do you think?

I know there are people who have patches to contribute.  I do myself.

Dan