[gridengine users] Possible opportunity for development work

Mark Dixon m.c.dixon at leeds.ac.uk
Mon May 14 08:58:48 UTC 2018

Hi Daniel,

Well done on wanting to work on gridengine, it's really good to see people
interested.

Although the topmost layers have clearly suffered from years of applying
patches on top of patches on top of patches and so are in sore need of a
bit of refactoring, there are some really nice bits in gridengine.

In particular, the CULL (data management layer providing lists etc.) is
amazing and pretty much bullet-proof... and the naming of data structure
elements do tend to make sense :)

You might need to be careful when cloning. You may have already discovered
this, but Dave used darcs which doesn't store history linearly. He exposes
two main repos to git users: one which I think was effectively his master
branch and a second containing all the releases.

work on it but, FWIW, my github handle is bodgerer.

Best,

Mark