[gridengine users] SGE accounting file getting too big...

Skylar Thompson skylar2 at uw.edu
Fri May 18 15:27:09 UTC 2018

Hi Noel,

I would take a look at the ${SGE_ROOT}/util/logchecker.sh script. It
supports rotating both the accounting and reporting files, based on size or
time since the last rotation. After configuring it, you can run it out of cron.

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 03:23:05PM +0000, Noel Benitez wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> The "accounting" file on our sge master has a filesize of 20Gb.
>
> Is there a recommended way of purging this file short of using "cat /dev/null > accounting"  ?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> -Noel Benitez, Salk iT Dept.

-- Skylar Thompson (skylar2 at u.washington.edu)
-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354