[gridengine users] Dave Love repository issue

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 17 09:12:19 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 06:53:11PM -0500, Jerome wrote:
> Dear William
>
> I'm watching this trac system, and it seem's to be reserved for
> developper only.. That's seems that to report a bug, one need to follow
> some specifications, which i don't really know... WHere can i read about
> this?

Even without a login you can submit bugs via the sge-bugs mailing list and they will show up
in trac.  You should be able to create a login in order to use the web interface
by clicking on the Register link and entering your details.

It is a bug tracker not a general user support system though.  If you are having issues
with SoGE it is usually best to ask here to eliminate causes other than bugs before
using the bug tracker.

If you use the web interface it is probably safe to leave most of the settings at their default
values unless they are obviously wrong (eg defect vs enhancement).

You can DuckDuckGo guides on how to write good bug reports that should be fine for the
Description field/text of the e-mail to sge-bugs.

Apologies if any of the above was teaching grandma how to suck eggs.

William