[gridengine users] Instalation issue on version 8.1.10-1

Jerome jerome at ibt.unam.mx
Wed Oct 17 16:42:13 UTC 2018

Dear all

I've trying to install a fresh version of SGE on a Debian server v 9.5
(on virtualbox), using the git repository of Dave Love:

https://gitlab.com/loveshack/sge.git

The issue occurs on the commit "0271520806868d6be018a1a5c019fc64d5faddf3" .

I do the test installing the deb package file and on compiling the
source of sge directly on the machine.
That's seems to be some easy bug to resolve althought i can't catch
where the problem is.

During the install_qmaster i've get this error during the check of the
directory /opt/sge:

Can't create a temporary file in the SGE_ROOT directory

   /opt/sgen

This may be a permission problem (e.g. no read/write permission
on a NFS mounted filesystem).
Please check your permissions. You may cancel the installation now
and restart it or continue and try again.

Hit <RETURN> to continue >>

That'a a "n" letter at the end of the directory name.. I change fo some
/opt/foo and get back "/opt/foon". The process stop here.

Hope that someone could detect where is the problem?

Regards

--
-- Jérôme
Non, j'aime Cléopatre : ais-ja l'air d'un César ?