[gridengine users] Bring up execd nodes without explicit configuration

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Sep 15 19:51:46 UTC 2018

Hi,

The new machine must at least be put into a hostgroup (which is then in turn referenced by a queue e.g. by @allhosts) and it must be an administration host. When the execd starts, it will automatically be added as an exechost in the qmaster.

What do you mean by OS? Just Linux, Windows and AIX – this can be referenced with a request for a particular “arch” value (i.e. $ARC in the job script). Other flavors could be requested by a custom RESTRING complex, where you could put any string you like to reference a particular OS. Essentially all can be done with a single queue.

-- Reuti

Von meinem iPhone gesendet