[gridengine users] Multi-GPU setup

Nicolas FOURNIALS nicolas.fournials at cc.in2p3.fr
Tue Aug 20 13:42:54 UTC 2019

Le 14/08/2019 à 19:50, Dj Merrill a écrit :
> Thanks everyone for the feedback.  I found this on Github that looks
> promising:
>
> https://github.com/RSE-Sheffield/sge-gpuprolog

Thanks for pointing it.

> I can probably edit the scripts to also change the permissions on the
> /dev/nvidia* devices as some of you have suggested, which would make sense.
>
> If anyone is willing to share their working prolog/epilog scripts that
> change the /dev/nvidia* permissions, I would greatly appreciate it.

I added an issue to the above project to write some ideas about how-to
add this functionality. We use UGE here, which has a different way of
managing the complex resources. But I suppose once you formed an index
of attributed GPU(s), the change to enforce device file permissions is a
simple as described in the issue
https://github.com/RSE-Sheffield/sge-gpuprolog/issues/24

--
Nicolas Fournials