[gridengine users] Starting out

David Triimboli trimboli at cshl.edu
Fri Jan 18 17:06:18 UTC 2019

On 1/18/2019 11:49 AM, Reuti wrote:
>> Am 18.01.2019 um 17:41 schrieb David Triimboli <trimboli at cshl.edu>:
>>
>> On 1/18/2019 11:22 AM, Reuti wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I would assume that most likely the `arch` script inside SGE isn't prepared for your actual kernel, i.e. a case for 4.* kernels is missing. What does:
>>>
>>> $ $SGE_ROOT/util/arch
>>>
>>> return?
>>
>> If I install the packages available through apt-get, /usr/share/gridengine/util/arch returns: lx-amd64.
> This is fine.
>
> If the startup fails, there are usually some message in file in /tmp called qmasterd.$PID or beginning with execd.$PID alike. Can you spot anything there?

There are no such files in /tmp, indeed, no files called qmasterd*
anywhere in the filesystem.

The grid engine logging seems to happen in /var/spool/gridengine. In
qmaster/messages, I have:

---BEGIN QUOTE---
01/18/2019 11:37:41|  main|ubuntuclient1|W|local configuration
ubuntuclient1 not defined - using global configuration
01/18/2019 11:37:41|  main|ubuntuclient1|E|global configuration not defined
01/18/2019 11:37:41|  main|ubuntuclient1|C|setup failed
01/18/2019 11:38:14|  main|ubuntuclient1|W|local configuration
ubuntuclient1 not defined - using global configuration
01/18/2019 11:38:14|  main|ubuntuclient1|E|global configuration not defined
01/18/2019 11:38:14|  main|ubuntuclient1|C|setup failed
---END QUOTE---

There is a execd directory, but there are no files in it.