[gridengine users] Adding a requirement to limit to certain execd hosts

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jul 26 07:27:35 UTC 2019

Am 26.07.2019 um 07:10 schrieb Simon Matthews:

> I want to add a requirement for a specific OS version for some jobs.
>
> I already use "-l arch=lx-amd64" to some jobs, but I would like to
> force jobs to a specific, defined OS, such as CentOS 6 or CentOS 7.
>
> I would like to do this without adding another queue, but instead use
> a complex and request it.
>
> I followed the instructions to add the complex to the global config,
> but I can't see how to add the complex to specific execd hosts. Can
> anyone suggest how to do this?

You can add them interactively on an exechost level (not the global config) with:

qconf -me nodeXY

and edit complex_values there or on the command line (e.g. to use a loop):

qconf -mattr exechost complex_values distribution=centos6 nodeXY

===

Alternatively one could also use a hostgroup and attach the complex to all queues:

qconf -mq all.q

with the entry:

complex_values NONE,[@centos6nodes=distribution=centos6],[@centos7nodes=distribution=centos7]

or also here on the command line:

qconf -mattr queue complex_values distribution=centos6 nodeXY

===

As it's a feature of the nodes, I would attach it the exechosts although attaching them to a queue might be shorter and a central location for all definitions.